The Poulsbo Cemetery should be a respectful site which serves not only as a final resting place, but also as an open air historical space celebrating Poulsbo heritage. Successful accomplishment of the mission will provide the community with:
- A haven for reflection and remembrance;
- A welcoming park-like setting with a community pavilion;
- A tangible link between Poulsbo past, present, and future;
- An educational site where all generations may learn more about families and people who helped shape Poulsbo;
- A peaceful, timeless, contemplative respite from the rigors of daily living;
- A place to commemorate the lives and service of members of the Poulsbo community;
- Opportunities for individuals and organizations to engage in activities honoring veterans, volunteers,this site and the people interred here;
- An organization structure and funding mechanism to accomplish the mission and vision, and
- A broader public awareness of this community asset.
The mission of the Friends Poulsbo Cemetery is to prepare and present to the City of Poulsbo Public Works Committee in June a Master Plan for the Poulsbo Municipal Cemetery while continuing to implement cemetery improvement recommendations contained in the city “Report on Cemetery Improvement Focus 2016 and 2017”.