The Poulsbo Cemetery should be a respectful site which serves not only as a final resting place, but also as an open air historical space celebrating Poulsbo heritage. Successful accomplishment of the mission will provide the community with:
- A haven for reflection and remembrance;
- A welcoming park-like setting with a community pavilion;
- A tangible link between Poulsbo past, present, and future;
- An educational site where all generations may learn more about families and people who helped shape Poulsbo;
- A peaceful, timeless, contemplative respite from the rigors of daily living;
- A place to commemorate the lives and service of members of the Poulsbo community;
- Opportunities for individuals and organizations to engage in activities recognizing and honoring our veterans;
- An organization structure and funding mechanism to accomplish the mission and vision, and
- A broader public awareness of this community asset.
FPC Mission July through December, 2018
The Friends Poulsbo Cemetery will collaborate and support the Poulsbo City Council Public Works Committee as it prepares a Cemetery Master Plan. The plan for consideration of the Poulsbo City Council during it’s 2019 and 2020 budget and planning process.
FPC Mission 2019
The Mission of the Friends of the Poulsbo Cemetery in 2019 will be to partner with the City of Poulsbo in implementing a Master Plan for the City Municipal Cemetery.